The DINAcon Awards were presented at the Conference for Digital Sustainability (DINAcon) in mid-October 2019. The winner in the category Best Open Education Project is « OpenSchoolMaps ». OpenSchoolMaps is a small project to promote open maps and map data for schools and self-learners. It is mainly a collection of teaching materials and information about outdoor mapping events, OpenStreetMap and Open Source software.
The idea and concept for OpenSchoolMaps came from Stefan Keller, professor at the HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil (SG) and member of the board of SOSM. The decisive factor for the jury’s decision was obviously that OpenSchoolMaps offers different possibilities for feedback.
Browse the teaching materials yourself! Here is an excerpt from the topics of the work and information sheets:
- Using the OSM.org website in everyday life
- Edit and use OpenStreetMap
- Mapping the surroundings yourself (Outdoor Mapping Event)
- Create a map with uMap
- Apache Superset the data visualization and publishing tool
- Introduction to QGIS 3 and Geo Information Systems (GIS)